Welcome to the Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate site! Here you will find up to date information about walk-in hours, scheduling appointments, course syllabi, electives, and other events going on in the department.
To schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor, click here.
Our office is located in Glenn Martin Hall, rooms 2182 – 2188.
Please read the following before seeing an advisor:
- Internal Transfers/Major Changes: If you are currently a UMD student and have just been admitted to the Clark School from a major outside of engineering, select the Internal Major Change appointment session. You may meet with Rachel Chang, Fitzgerald Walker, Juana Hurtado, or La’Mon Johnson.
- Current Mechanical Engineering Students: Select the appropriate advisor (if you fit into multiple categories select the longer appointment time with the advisor that covers the most of your topics):
- Registration Advising: Rachel Chang, Fitzgerald Walker, Juana Hurtado, La’Mon Johnson, Terry Island
- Registration Advising for Double Majors/minors: Terry Island
- Freshman Advising: La’Mon Johnson
- 4 Year Plan: Rachel Chang, Fitzgerald Walker, La’Mon Johnson, Juana Hurtado, Terry Island
- Co-op: Juana Hurtado
- Double Major/Minor: Terry Island
- Interest in department involvement: Fitzgerald Walker
- Research Information: Dr. Jungho Kim
- Study abroad: Terry Island
- Athletes: Terry Island
- Southern Maryland Program: Terry Island
- Please make one appointment with one advisor. Choose the advisor that covers the majority of the topics you wish to cover in your appointment. If a follow up appointment is necessary we can discuss this in your meeting.
- If you email an advisor, please address it one advisor only. We will get back to you!
- Prospective Students: email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an appointment or resources.