Welcome to the Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate site! Here you will find up to date information about walk-in hours, scheduling appointments, course syllabi, electives, and other events going on in the department.
To make an appointment, go HERE.
Walk-in advising is available Monday through Friday from 12pm to 1pm.
Our office is located in Glenn Martin Hall, rooms 2182 – 2188.
Please read the following before seeing an advisor:
- Internal Transfers/Major Changes: If you are currently a UMD student and have just been admitted to the Clark School from a major outside of engineering, select the Internal Major Change appointment session. You may meet with Rachel Chang, Fitzgerald Walker, or Jessica Stein.
- Current Mechanical Engineering Students: Select the appropriate advisor (if you fit into multiple categories select the longer appointment time with the advisor that covers the most of your topics):
- Registration Advising: Rachel Chang, Fitzgerald Walker, Jessica Stein, Dr. Ken Kiger, Terry Island
- 4 Year Plan: Rachel Chang, Fitzgerald Walker, Jessica Stein, Terry Island
- Co-op: Jessica Stein
- Double Major/Minor (STEM): Dr. Ken Kiger
- Double Major/Minor (non-STEM): Jessica Stein
- Interest in department involvement: Fitzgerald Walker
- Research Information: Dr. Ken Kiger
- Study abroad: Terry Island
- Athletes: Terry Island
- Southern Maryland Program: Terry Island
- Please make one appointment with one advisor. Choose the advisor that covers the majority of the topics you wish to cover in your appointment. If a follow up appointment is necessary we can discuss this in your meeting.
- If you email an adivsor, please address it one advisor only. We will get back to you!
- Prospective Students: email email@example.com to discuss an appointment or resources.